Divorce after a baby

My hubby and I are in a rough patch. We’ve been together for almost 11yrs. Married for 3yrs with a 1yr old baby and been in a LDR for 9yrs. When I got pregnant, our agreement was for me to get back in shape within 6mths but it did not happen. Things got worst and now we are looking into a potential divorce. At the very start of the relationship, he did mentioned he is very particular on his partner’s outlook. So there’s no lies in this and I went into the relationship knowingly. We even had an understanding if either have feelings for another person outside of our relationship, we would end our relationship first so we don’t give each other a chance to cheat on each other. I trust him that there’s no 3rd party currently. I failed on my part as his partner but promises made back at the start of pregnancy was without fully understanding the demands of a baby and it does not help that I do not get help with baby due to Covid. We are financially alright so the split sadly to say is because of me being out of shape after pregnancy. On one hand, I really want to salvage this relationship because we’ve been together a long time. But on the other hand, it reach to a point if it means happiness for him, I’m willing to let go. I’m not sure what’s next and what’s the point of me letting it out here. Its just a shame that the split had to happen when baby turns 1yr old. I’m not sure if anyone here has been through the same thing as me and how do you move on?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s ridiculous enough to divorce because you couldn’t get back in shape. It’s not like a one person thing that you decided to have a baby. But based on my POV, there’s no point in salvaging. 10-20 years down the road when you start ageing, the same thing will happen again.

2y ago

I agree. It might be just body shape for now but ageing is inevitable. This might have an negative influence on your child mindset in future. You deserve happiness and someone who love you for who you are. Your health and your baby should be the priority. Lose weight in a healthy manner and don’t rush it if you have to sacrifice your health while doing it. Hope you will meet someone who truly knows how to appreciate your beauty (inner and outer). Take care and remember to love yourself first!