How would you react if you found out that your daughter got pregnant? She just turned 18. Photo source:(https://treviciawilliams.wordpress.com/tag/dr-trevicia-williams/)

Post image
8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I can imagine the exact situation if my daughter were to break such news to me. I was in such situation before (except i wasnt 18, slightly older ) My mother was in disbelief for sure. BUT she never scolded me or asked me to do abortion. She asked and spoke to me like an adult. On how i want to solve this issue at this moment. I will speak to my daughter like an adult.As i believe she should know that SEX will lead to pregnancy if it's unprotected and she should be responsible enough to whats next. If she decided to be a single mother(if the guy is deemed unsuitable) i will support her as no one would want to witness an abortion.

Read more

Hi, No doubt that the moment my daughter would break it in front of me, I would look at her in disbelief and disgust but then I will be a different person before she leaves the room. I would have gathered myself and would know that whatever has happened has happened and since I cannot change things, I can for sure decide the best for future. I will think about the course of action as what we should do next. As I said, before we get dispersed and my daughter leaves the room, no matter how angry I would be within, I will make sure to tell my daughter that I am with her and she can count upon me, and we will deal with it together.

Read more

initially shocked for a few minutes yes, but i would not scold her or shout at her. these things do happen and i would totally understand why that happened. next, i would make sure that her health was in perfect order. and i would sit down and talk to her about what being pregnant means and what it could mean for her in the months and years to come. i would also meet the other parent of the unborn baby and have a talk to see if it is possible for them to be together. depending on whether she wants to be with him and be a parent, or be a single parent, or stop the pregnancy there, i would support her throughout.

Read more

i will take a few minutes to understand that that's what it actually was. then, i would talk to her like an adult and ask her what she wanted to do. of course being 18 means she is an adult, but she will still be a child. so i would tell her about all the possibilities and things that could happen in future. including both the positives and the negatives. i would also ask her about the guy and see what can be worked out if both of them were to get together. in any case, i would support her decision to go ahead or stop it there, as it is her baby.

Read more

Most likely, I will be in total shock for the first few minutes or hours maybe. But after that, I'll discuss with her her plans, the plans of her partner for them because we all know it's not easy to raise a child, lalo na she just turned 18. We need to plan her education still after giving birth, as I don't want my child to lose everything even if she got pregnant at an early age.

Read more

Other than the initial shock? I would say that I'd do what needed to be done and talk to her about how we move forward from this point forward. It's a difficult situation to deal with, obviously, but it's not something that fighting will solve. I'd help her mature and rise to the occasion...if that were the case, of course.

Read more

If it happens to me, I'll be straight forward sa ama nung magiging apo ko. "Sustentuhan mo ang anak mo or else hindi ka welcome sa pamamahay ko para makita ang bata". Kung takbuhan nya, that's fine, I'll help and support my daughter in raising up my apo.

I will probably cry first (a lot) before I can talk to her and ask why it happened. Then I'll ask her plans on how to handle the situation.