Have anyone got newly employed but suddenly found out you are pregnant. How do you tell the HR?

Currently serving 1mth notice in current job.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I just joined the company today and I also just told my boss about it even though I'm at week 9 (wanted to tell after 1st trimester) as my followup appointments with my doctor are all during weekdays - so I'll have no choice but to take unpaid leave and all. I figured it'll be easier to explain to my boss if I'm taking a couple of hours off or a full day off for any checks and scans. I haven't spoken with the HR - will be doing it tmr but hope they won't find an excuse to fire me!

Read more

If you want to wait till end of first trimester to tell your employer,it’s fine and understandable. Of course the earlier you tell you boss the better, so work arrangements can be considered. HR will then advise on maternity leave benefits based on your EDD. As long as you have already served 3 months, you will be eligible for maternity leave. Personally from a HR here. 🙃

Read more

this just happened to me too. got advice from my ex boss to share as early as possible to build trust and rapport so I did and they were really understanding and assured me that they still wanted to hire me. apparently once u sign contract they can't take back the offer anw 1) signed contract (apparently can sue them if u really bother) 2) can't discriminate

Read more

Unless you require some special work arrangements from now till your last day of work, do you need to inform them when you are already serving notice? If pregnancy is your reason for leaving shortly after starting with them, then I guess it is good to share so that they understand your circumstances.

Read more
2y ago

oh I don't think I will need to inform my current company just that after signing the offer I realise I'm pregnant and I'm not sure if they gonna rescind the offer. I hv already tender and serving my notice..

If you are a Singaporean, under MOM laws, your company is required to pay you while on maternity leave, even if you just joined a new company.

Post reply image

I have the similar situation I will also inform my superior after my first trimester..

Same here..will let them know after first trimester

just let them know after first trimester..