How often do you visit your in-laws ? do you like it

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My mil comes my place almost every weekday to help me look after baby. We will put baby at in law place to stay for 1-2 days every week too for the grandparents to bring them out (on my fil off day). No like or dislike. They are happy playing w my kid. Before baby, I was staying w them.

At least once a week. Normally I will bring them out for breakfast or dinner as they recently retired. I think it is good to maintain good relationships with family members especially elderly. Our children are watching us and sorry to say, they learn what they see.

VIP Member

every cny, for few days only, I don't really comfortable staying in their house, doesn't feel home to me. I also don't like to be visited by them, don't like to have visitor for too long (a month or few weeks is too long for a visitor, few days still ok)

the question is how can I avoid seeing them. my husband is mommy's boy too and he just have to always arrange to have a meal with them together with his siblings and random relative. I hate it. too much comments and judgement about my life.

3y ago

same. So annoying

TapFluencer

From once a year to once every 2 year I encourage my husband to visit them and get flight ticket for him during festive or during their birthday Luckily he did not force/insist me to visit them cause he knows I'm not comfortable seeing them

Initially once a wk. but I hate it max n told hb abt it ... n now we dun need to go back every wk already but they will come n visit the little ones when we didn't go back

Once a week or 2 week once but if can I will avoid hate it when alot of comment about how to bring up my kids. Especially interfere when I am scolding my kids.

hate visiting them and hate getting visited by them. as far as it concerns i am just the carrier for their grandkids. Husband also very forceful about visiting them

hahaha no. I just don't see them at all. I guess mine is exceptional. so the only time I see them is for occasions and only to eat for a few hours that's all.

VIP Member

Every Saturday and any day during the weekdays whenever possible e.g. after PD visits. I love my in-laws! They’ve been very good to me.