babysit

How often would you let your parents or in-laws babysit?

54 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Though doing all your baby stuff by yourself is actually a good thing - it increases your baby bonding and makes your self heartening. But on the other side, you have to agree that it is tiresome, physically demanding and mentally depriving. Believe me, at some break even peak point, you wanna scream and say "I need a break!" Not to mention, you don't find much personal time and private moments with your spouse. Baby sitting from their grandparents have multiple benefits - first thing, you find some welcome help and get some breathing space; you may plan those manicures that you haven't had attended for a long time. Secondly, the morals and values that our elders can impart to your baby is invaluable. So i suggest, you get this help as much as possible as and when feasible.

Read more
VIP Member

I'm a working mum..thus weekdays my mum will help to look after both my LOs. My in-laws are working thus cant help out. So after work I'll take over from my mum to look after them. Bonding time with my LOs are precious for me. My hubby is off during weekends, thus I'll bring both my LOs back to our own home. Weekends is always our family bonding time. I dont mind them helping outvas long as they are free and available=) More helping hands are good. Feel safe too especially if you are working, need to run errand or attend important functions where you cant bring LO along.

Read more

we live in a different city than my parents as well as my in-laws. so it has never happened that we get them to help us out by baby sitting. however, when they do visit, i sometimes take the opportunity to take a break and head out alone or with friends. it is not really a baby-sitting scenario, but more of a baby caring time when they look after the kids for the weekend and i get to relax and unwind :) as long as the parents or in-laws are comfortable and don't get exhausted, and as long as the kids are happy and taken care of, i wouldn't mind.

Read more

I'd say some weekends + date nights each month if u're not living with them? When my kid was an infant, I didnt let that happen so much. In hindsight, I shld have, so that I could get more me-time/ couple-time haha There was this irrational fear for me that kids will grow up closer to grandparents than parents. :/ silly though. As long as we spend quailty time with them, they know we love them ❤❤❤

Read more

Only at times when I need to like when I need to run an errand. I think they want to babysit more often but I don't want to obligate them and they are getting older as well. But I don't deprive them of seeing their grandkids so they come over to visit or we come over and then I can have time to read a book or have tea without hurrying up :-)

Read more

My son stayover at my mom's place on Sunday till Monday, because the only off day my hubby has is half day on sunday. We will head out for a meal and some "private" bedroom time. My father in law, babysits for me too. If he's back early from work. I will take take time to shampoo my hair, or go out grab groceries.

Read more

Personally my mom inlaw and mom stays with us 🙈 (crazy but true lol they get along so well and doesn't scratch where it doesn't itch) so I can't really give you a proper answer. Because we constantly leaving the kids at home, especially when we go shopping or have to run afew errands.

VIP Member

My in laws will do it on weekends sunday and public holidays only. Otherwise , my parents will be the one helping me to look after my baby when i m out to work .. Because personally looking after a child is not as easy as what we think so its good to get some help from them .

Whenever they want to, whenever I need them to. Any kind of help will be appreciated. But as much I hope to be there for the kids all the time, I know this will not be possible so whenever I can't, I hope my in laws or parents can :)

as we are in different cities i have never had them over to baby sit. the only times we did ask for their help was when i was hospitalized due to certain reasons and there was no one to look after the kids at home.