Working mums

How often do you pump at work and how do you store milk and pump parts (can't sterilise at work..)Thanks!

107 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

3 hourly.. keeps EBM in office fridge when in office.. brings portable cooler with ice packs that lasts for 8 hours.. use sanitiser wipes or sprays if no sanitizing facility is available.

VIP Member

Nabasa ko sa isang group para di na maghugas, invest daw ng spare parts para pump ang store nalang hehehe then sa bahay nalang mag hugas ng parts hehehe

2 times I bought LANSINOH breast pump with its bags which can be put in the pump while pumping and i got an ice box to put the bag until i return home and put the bags in the freezer

VIP Member

3-4 times in the span of 9.5 hours. I store the milk bags in the clinic’s freezer. And use the office’s hot water to sterilize after washing the pump parts (flange and bottle).

I pumped 3 times, 4 hours gap. store the milk into storage bag and put them into the cooler bag with ice packs. I'll rinse the pump after every pump and store them into the fridge

Twice at work. Store bottles and pumped parts within ziplocks inside small thermal bag. I put the whole thermal bag inside fridge. And ziplocked ice blocks I put in freezer.

I have a question. Can I pump into the same bottles or packet from earlier sessions if not full? That means pump, keep in fridge then take out n pump into same containers again.

4y ago

No, need to be same temperature

Super Mum

Pump 3 times at work. Store milk in packit in the fridge, also with 2 ice packs to bring home. Store pump parts in a ziplock bag aftet every use and keep in the fridge.

I pump 3x at work (3hr interval) and store my milk in my Cereschill! The chiller is Godsent can easily fit in my bag no need to freeze icepacks and bring bulky bags.

VIP Member

I pump 3 times a day while at work. I keep my the pump parts and bottles in a Ziplock bag in the fridge. For milk, I’ll store in storage bags inside the freezer