How often do you read to your child? How many times per day? I am a working parents and I find it very exhausting after working and no energy to read books with my kid.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me I try to read as much as I can during the daytime. But normally we do daily bedtime story, at least 1 book before tuck the kid to bed. Please do not feel guilty towards not able to read to your child. You can read to them during weekends too. There is no hard rules must read books, you can bond with your kids after work by chit-chatting with them about how they spend their day in school.

Read more
VIP Member

It's not so much the quantity of time spent, but the quality. There's no fixed timing. Once a day before bedtime is fine. You can also find other activities to do with your child, or just talk to him. https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/making-time-for-kids-study-says-quality-trumps-quantity/2015/03/28/10813192-d378-11e4-8fce-3941fc548f1c_story.html

Read more
VIP Member

Once in a day at bedtime is fine. But try to make it a habit. Also do spend good enough time on weekends

thanks