bathing newborn

How often do you bathe a newborn? I hear a range between daily to once every few days so I'm quite confused. Or is sponging better?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

A bath two to three times a week is enough to keep a newborn baby clean, as long as adequate cleansing is done during diaper changes and after feedings. However, if your baby really enjoys a bath, you can bathe him or her once a day. Bathing more often than this may dry out your baby’s skin.

Wash up in the evening and change over to sleepwear. Clean up in the morning and change over to day wear. Washing up at night helps the baby to sleep thru the night better.

VIP Member

I bathe my baby once a day and wipe down at night. I think no right or wrong. Just do what you are comfortable. I avoid bathing at night, cause scare bb caught a cold

Super Mum

I bathe mine once a day. It’s so hot in Singapore. Not bathing will likely lead to heat/milk rashes. In temperate countries, they may bathe the newborn less often.

VIP Member

For the first 2 monthd, bathe in the morning at 9 am and wipe down in the evening. Older than that, bathe twice a day.

VIP Member

I bath my boy twice a day :) 1 at 9am and another on at 5pm. If the weather is quite cooling. I shower him at 4pm.

Read more
VIP Member

Twice a day. One in the morning, another around late afternoon/evening time

VIP Member

Bath in the morning and sponging (wipe down) in early evening before 6pm.

Super Mum

Early evening. But remember to clean the skin folds properly

VIP Member

Once a day in the morning.. night time is just cleaning