10 Replies

No hard and fast rule! Depends on your relationship with your helper and how much you value her. I would probably buy her a gift in Christmas. Say a nice lipstick or a hand cream (something that can boost her self-esteem or make her feel pretty). As for ang bao probably $10 or $20 as I will not wish our relationship to be based on money as much.

VIP Member

Christmas = presents! angbao depends on how close I am with the helper and my financial situation at the moment lol $80-$100 for the one who has been with our fam for 31 yrs and and $20 for the new/younger one

VIP Member

There's no fixed amount. You may want to give her the same amount you give your relatives, or any amount ending with "8", as the number is culturally associated with bringing luck during the New Year.

It actually depends on your finances as well as how close you are to your helper, there's no market rate for how much to give.

VIP Member

Well, if you're feeling generous and can spare the money, why not? It'll most likely be sent back to her hometown anyway. :)

VIP Member

Max 30 to 50 Thts it .. as it completely depends how close she is and how long she working

thanks