How many of you out there have MILs like mine? One who always talks a lot and asks a lot of tactless questions? I have been exclusively breastfeeding my baby girl fr day one right up till now - she is turning 8mo this weekend. LO is growing well. But MIL likes to irritate me by asking this since a few mths back. "Do you have enough milk for her?" Recently, I had to attend a company event and we had to leave LO over at her place for the evening. I started having low supply of bm after a bout of flu n cough after taking medication... so i had a tin of fm on standby. She kept asking, "you don't have enough milk is it?" what am I trying to rant here? I did not leave my LO looking all skin and bones. She is one very happy and cheery and chubby baby. So I find it ridiculous that MIL keeps asking me if I have enough bm. So now I standby a tin of fm... then she asks again. Isnt it obvious, that you standby because you indeed do not have sufficient that day? She is always asking the obvious and I do not know what she achieves by asking. Not like she can provide the breastmilk if I don't have enough. Not like she can do something or anything abt it. Not like I would want to discuss my milk supply openly with her. My hubby was quite irritated and even replied, yes she produces a lot. surplus. u want? for ur coffee?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

thanks