how many months old do u start to let ur lo use walker?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I let my LO sit in in without the wheels at 4 Mths to enjoy the activities that come with it. At 6 months old when he is tall enough and can stand,I put the wheels and let him use. But he only used like at most 5 min a day. He is 8 Mths old now and is cruising on his own. For me I feel that the traditional walker is safer than a push walker as a push walker is more accident prone. Can easily fall backwards n hit the head ... A traditional walker can give the caretaker some time off for a toilet break etc yet keeping the baby safe from falling . I grew up in a walker too and I believe that if there isn't excessive use, there is no problem. N to let the babies "wander" around the house without any walker may not be a good option unless u want to put playmat in the whole house ..

Read more

I did not let my baby use walker at all as it is not recommended to use walkers. Walkers can be a very dangerous thing as it gives the little one extra speed , extra height . Many times babies fall down because they lose control of the walker and the parents are not in time to stop the accident from happening. My Nieces, my gal and myself all did not use walker before. I started walked at 10mo, my gal started cruising at 9mo. I believe babies have their own development pace so we don't have to hurry them. Put them on a playmat and let them crawl. Occasionally support them and let them take a few steps or when they are near furniture they may start to pull themselves up. A walker is unnecessary

Read more

Let my lo use walker ever since she is 6months. No prob at all. Even i was brought up that way too the old style. Now adays parents are paranoid reading too much of articles saying the walker is not gd la this n dat la. Not gd for developing of their leg la. I dont believe that. Its up to individual how to take it n handle it.

Read more

I let my kids use walker since they are 6mths , I don't think got any problem of it , my 1 yr boy can walk since he is 11 mths , so I think walker help him a lot to train him

VIP Member

Let my dau sit in a walker ever since she is 6months. I dont c a problem der. I was brought up by walker too. I guess u also rite

VIP Member

At about 5 months when he is stable with his head and neck.