How To?

How do u make a 2yo brush teeth? Whenever my lo sees toothbrush he will shake his head and don't want to open his mouth. I have no choice but to force open his mouth.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Let your children pick their own toothbrush when it’s time for a change. This gives them something to look forward to every three months. Today, there is an assortment of kiddy toothbrushes from familiar cartoon characters to those in the shape of animals like penguins or cats that will make toothbrushing a lot more fun. In choosing a toothbrush, make sure it has soft bristles and a head that fits well in the child’s mouth. Manual and electric toothbrushes are equally effective at removal of dental plaque.

Read more

don't force...force will make them have more negative feelings towards this activity. i'll make it into a game...i'll let her brush my teeth, or we'll "brush" her toy's teeth..then her teeth, or we'll sing a song (i've invented a brushing teeth song). may sound silly (and i agree...very time consuming)..but it works and she's happy brushing her teeth

Read more

First I let her "brush" my teeth while I'm brushing her teeth. So it's a fun activity that my toddler always looking forward to everyday. The next step is to let her brush her own teeth infront of of mirror, she loves it.

I start brushing at 9mth so is kind of habit. But something lo will refuse, let them choose their own toothbrush, cute design usually works n if u r ok wif flav tooth paste can put abit too.. it shd b fun

My LO likes banana so I bought a banana flavoured toothpaste. He always enjoy brushing teeth because of the 🍌🍌

VIP Member

Brush together with him and get him to personally choose his own cute toothbrush

Do it together with him and make it like a fun thing to do

VIP Member

Brush together. Reward him when he did the first time

I switch on some videos on brushing teeth. It works.