How do you introduce diaper-less during bedtime? My boy is currently 3yo and has been toilet trained for 6 months.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What I did with mine: 1) I test drive this in his afternoon nap first since it's shorter. He goes nappy free for his afternoon naps. 2) I made sure that his evening diapers has been dry for consecutive nights. 3) I use a mattress protector. 4) I minimize his fluid intake in the evening. 5) I let him go to the potty before bed. It's a process but it works over time. Some may be ready and some may not be and there will still be accidents but I accept that as part of the journey.

Read more
8y ago

ester thanks for the list. he is yet ready as he still drinks milk in the night and has very heavy diaper most morning.

You can start out going diaperless on the weekends so even when accidents happen, you have time in the morning. To prevent unwanted messes, have your son sleep on top of a towel, layered with a piece of canvas or on top of a changing pad. As your son grows more confident, you can extend his diaperless nights to weekdays and eventually you can even get rid of the extra protective coverings on his bed.

Read more

Bring him to the toilet on a routine. For example, before his sleep, at 12mn, 3am, 6am. Make it an attempt to wake him up and bring him to the toilet. Reduce the liquid intake for night time too. My boy actually toilet trained himself for the night time as he does not drink milk at night. Please also get the water proof mattress protector! It's a god send~

Read more
8y ago

apparently, he wakes up for night feed. the other night he refuse to let me bring him to the loo, we ended up putting a diaper on a struggle angry boy. of coz, he do not remember anything the following day

Firstly you must have a waterproof mat to line the bedsheet . Ensure that the child has dry diaper for many nights before attempting to go diaperless. I tried bringing my kids to toilet at night but it doesn't work. So when they are able to hold for many hours at night means there is success in going diaperless at bedtime

Read more
8y ago

thanks Jamie. he refuse to let me carry him to the loo. plus he is currently having very wet diapers every morning. i guess he is not ready to go diaperless at the moment

I get my boy go toilet before sleep, beginning i still let him wear diapers during nighttime because I don't want wake him up middle of the night as a routine or wet the bed is tiring for him and can't sleep well. I observed him for 1 month he didn't wet the diapers then I slowly go without diapers.

8y ago

thanks for sharing. i guess he is not ready yet. bcos his diaper can be very heavy every morning.

As for.me . I will ask my boy to wee wee before he sleep. which is like 9pm. then 1 am i will bring him to wee again then follow by 6 am. but i will put the changing mat below and follow by a big cloth . just incase he really wee out during sleep .

8y ago

thanks for the idea. i guess he is not ready as he refuse to let me bring him to the loo

Put canvas on the bed so that your bed doesn't get soiled in the mornings and it can be dried easily in Sim or with a wet cloth!

my suggestion is before sleep 1 hour let your boy drink milk, before bed go pee first.