How do I make sure that my daughter doesn't get affected by her rich peers?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i think this is one thing that we all need to teach our kids and talk about regularly. my daughters are always aware about the disparities in income and lifestyle. so they know that while there are many very rich families and friends out there, there are also a number of people around who barely manage to make enough for one meal a day. i regularly take my daughters to the orphanages and slums to show them how life can be and how blessed we are. my younger one is too small for the talk right now, but i do tell my elder one that while money is important, it is not everything. and our happiness really cannot be measured by how many things we own. we may have something today and tomorrow it may break or get destroyed. the love we share and the memories we make will be with us forever, and make us smile...so that's it :)

Read more

show her that just the way there are so many rich people around her, in a similar way there are an equal or more number of underprivileged children too. engaging kids in socially responsible activities from a young age is a good way to teach the fact that money is not everything