How do I get my kids to school on time in the morning? They are so slow in doing everything. It takes me ages to get them to drink milk and dress up...

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, You know of my friends faces the similar problem with her daughter. She takes half and hour to finish her milk in the morning when you are pressed for every single minute during this time. Everyday, either the mom is upset or the girl is because of all the screaming that happens in the morning to be ready on time. I suggest, put your kids to bed well on time, so that they get the required sleep, so they wake up fresh. Also, when you will be putting them in bed way early than what they are doing now, you will be able to wake them up say 20 minutes earlier then their scheduled wake up time. This way, you will get buffer time at hand.

Read more

Hello, I can relate to the situation. It is not only a task for kids but for us as well. I guess, you can begin by setting up a strict schedule of their sleeping time, and stick to it. And soon, they will be accustomed to it and their body clock will set according to it. So no matter it will be off or school they will end up waking up that time. Also, what I do is I set my clock 15 minutes ahead, so it becomes easy for me to catch up with little more time in the bed myself and doing all with the kids as well.

Read more

In my opinion every kid is different so their way of taking new schedules are as well different, its difficult for them to cope up with the school schedule added in their daily routine, dont rush to make them get ready instantly, give them some time to deal with their sleepiness nd all that cute laziness they will be used to with that schedule soon ...after all they are just kids ....think like them nd it will be a lot more easier. ..hope that helps. .best of luck

Read more
8y ago

Thanks for your answer! Helps a lot :)

kids will take time in the morning, as they tend to be sleepy and take more time than usual in doing regular activities. i would say wake them up a little earlier than you normally do. and to make sure that they are not sleep deprived, let them sleep an hour early at night. also, if they are not able to eat that early, let them carry a light snack, maybe a banana or cookie that they can eat in the bus. but only if they do not have motion sickness.

Read more

i would say you wake up at least with an extra margin of an hour, and wake them up at such a time that you have at least 30 minutes extra to spare. for instance, my kids, one a kindergarten student and the other a primary school kid, have to leave at 7:15. so i wake up at 5:30 and wake them up around 6:15. by the time they wake up and take their sweet time and are ready, we can make it to the bus with ease.

Read more