How can my ex-wife and I make life better for our children after the divorce than it was before?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Having divorced means that both you and your ex have your own lives again, that you are not trapped in a vicious cycle of fighting and pain anymore. This new found freedom should be translated into making your kids happy. Concentrate on them and their needs, if you have to stay in contact because of the kids, be civil and kind to one another. Don't be getting into petty fights over the kids, in front of the kids. They've probably have enough of that when you guys were in the process of getting divorce. So when the kids are around, be kind and be friendly.

Read more

My mum and dad divorced when I was very young. I never had a taste of feeling what it is like to have a father. Spend more time with your kids. Don't make them feel that the divorce will meant losing either one of the parent. And I always envy those kids who have dad to pick them up from Sch.

VIP Member

Be respectful to each other and make sure the kids know that the divorce happen because of the adults and had nothing to do with them