How do you encourage your children to speak up? when he/she is being bullied in school?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

My daughter experienced bullying in school during her 3rd grade. She did not mention it to me at first and kept mum about it. One day while arranging her things for school, I accidentally read notes at the back of her Science notebook. It was a list of "Mga Isusumbong" with explanations why she would complain these names to me. I got so alarmed but did not want to startle my daughter so I waited until I had the chance to ask her. We have a close relationship that was why I was worried about not knowing anything. I told my wife about it and during that night, since we sleep beside our children, we were able to inject that subject in our daily bedtime conversation. My wife and I first ensured my daughter that she can trust us and we won't let any people harm her. Thankfully, she was able to release her fear and gradually opened up to us. My wife then informed her school adviser and fortunately, the school did some mentoring to the bully. After that conversation of ours, my daughter still continued on writing names at the back of her notebooks but she would also tell it to us personally at the end of the day.

Magbasa pa