How early should I read my baby story books?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can start as early as Day 1 if you want to. In fact, I read stories to my kids during pregnancy till now ... 6 months old for my youngest. It is always good to nurture this habit so that it may increase their vocabulary and grammer. They may not know how to speak but definitely they understand us and whatever we say, they will leave them an impression.

Read more

I would start reading to baby when he or she is still in the womb. That's what my mother did and she continued this reading habit throughout my childhood. I honestly believe that my love of literature and writing stemmed from my mom's habit of reading to me. Never too early:) even if baby doesn't understand, hearing your voice is a great way to bond.

Read more

Haha I started reading for my baby since we know she is in my wife tummy. sounds abit extreme but she is quite inclined to books and reading now. normal kids have about 15 to 20 mins attention span but so far I am surprised by her focus level. can go for about 30-1hour

As early as you can do it! You can start by reading to him your own books/novel/magazine, then when he can sit up sturdier and can hold things in his hands, give him soft books to explore with. Later can proceed with board books and sounds book. Have fun!

VIP Member

I started from week 1. Don't think there is a right age per se. Reading is a good habit - recommend to start as early as possible

You can start as early as you want :) Wishing you and your LO many lovely hours of reading.