How do you feel about choosing gender of baby during ivf treatment?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Honestly, if I went through the whole IVF process, I'd be sooo grateful with any gender and pray that baby will be healthy. I imagine IVF to be such an emotional experience, choosing a gender will be the last thing on my mind. On the flipside, I wouldn't judge if someone wanted to choose their baby's gender. I mean, IVF is already a scientific process, if someone had a gender preference and wanted, for example, a little girl -- I don't see why not. Recently supermodel Chrissy Teigen and her husband the singer John Legend opened up about problems conceiving, going through IVF and revealed that they chose to have a little girl. Some supported their decision but alot were negative stating religious, moral etc etc reasons. At the end of the day, it's the parents' decision and nothing to make a fuss about.

Read more

I am quite on the fence on this issue. On one hand, I feel that there is something "unnatural" about this supposedly natural process. On the other, I've known of parents who tried for years for a specific gender and ended up with more children than they've planned. For now, gender selection via Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) is banned in Singapore, unless it is considered necessary for screening genetic diseases such as Down, Edwards and Turner syndromes. I guess another point I will ponder upon would be what happens if for that round of IVF, of the healthy embryos are not of the gender of choice. How will the couple decide then?

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-3028)

thanks