Baby gender wrong

Anyone experienced being wrongly told of the baby gender? Especially from a boy and it became a girl? Curious about the accuracy of ultrasound, feel free to share any interesting stories!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I heard from my gf it's a lil different. She thot was expecting a girl cos her lil one was abit shy, crossed legs or obscured view all e way til wk28... But thats 15yrs ago la, didn't have nipt n they totally relied on the ultrasound to determine that. Now the ultrasound equipment could be better right.

Read more

I did an NIPT so knew the gender at 12 weeks. But a routine scan at 17 weeks was able to see the penis.. And 20 weeks scan further confirmed. So I'd say scans are quite accurate. But ultimately depends on the fetus position i guess

I was told it's more visible on ultrasound aft 12 weeks. During normal scan at 10 weeks my gynae alr spotted my boy's penis but he didn't wanna confirm. It was confirmed during NIPT at 12 weeks tt I had a boy.

Can't be wrong if it's a boy bcos can see the penis but girl, maybe if baby refuses to open legs. Know my baby's gender at 20 weeks and confirm it's a boy cos I can clearly see the penis.

Same, went for NIPT and was told of the gender at 10 weeks. Went for 13 week scan and there was his penis!

3y ago

No I mean the Panorama test was accurate, and further confirmed by ultrasound at week 13.

Super Mum

Nope cos I went for NIPT

TapFluencer

No, quite accurate