how do you defreeze ur bm to feed ur LO? I packed it and freeze it and whenever my Mil needs to feed my LO, she take it directly from the freezer the amount and 'crash' it to smaller pieces and pour directly into the milk bottle and warm it with the warmer... this is the 1st time I see her did it that way as usually I b at work and wonder if this is the right way? she say is faster but I concern abt the quality and amount.... as all of us know, every drop counts....

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I usually let it thaw in the normal part of the fridge overnight (in another ziplock bag in case the bag leaks) but if you want to warm it up quickly, you can put the frozen milk in a cup of tap water for 15 minutes and it'll fully thaw out. You can then transfer into your feeding bottle and warm it up. I wouldn't recommend 'crushing' it as it may break down the milk even further and you might lose more nutrients that way. Freezing and thawing already reduces the nutrients in the milk, we don't want to lose even more, as like you said, it's liquid gold.

Read more
8y ago

I understand. May be you could try asking your hubby to talk to her nicely. If not, chill your milk instead of freezing? If you have a lot of frozen stock, just use it to supplement chilled milk by asking your MIL to mix it with chilled EBM so that at lea