Money minded parent

How do you deal with your own mother when she always talk to your husb without being mindful / sensitive with her words cause she felt that your husb isn't good enough for you in terms of job and income. She will tell u "find a rich husb then you don't have to work lor" whenever you educate your LO in the morning that "mummy has to go work" she's the only main caregiver for nw since both parents have to work.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's disheartening to see financial advice on parenting forums, especially when the focus should be on nurturing our children rather than constantly seeking monetary gains. While the article discusses the challenges of money-minded parenting, it's disappointing to find a user recommending external sources like icoholder.com, specifically the blog on turning Bitcoin into USD https://icoholder.com/blog/how-to-turn-bitcoin-into-usd/. Parenting is a complex journey that requires emotional, mental, and financial investments. It's essential for us to prioritize our children's well-being over quick financial gains. Instead of venturing into risky cryptocurrency endeavors, let's focus on fostering a healthy and balanced environment for our families. Genuine discussions on responsible financial planning, education, and long-term stability would be more fitting for a parenting forum.

Read more
VIP Member

I'd say you can either talk to her about it, or just close one eye and ear to what she says. There are many things that our parents' generation are used to saying/hearing/doing so they do the same too - and it's hard to try to change their mindset about it. I'm in a similar situation myself with my parents, but they criticize me for my parenting (I practice gentle/peaceful parenting as much as possible) and life habits (I try to reduce the waste I create) without understanding my intentions behind them. Unfortunately, I still live with them so I would stand my ground sometimes, but I'm still unable to move out because I don't earn enough haha :x What I do is just to try and close an eye and ear to what my parents say/do if it doesn't affect me/my son, but I'd also talk back and take action when it gets out of hand.

Read more