How do you deal with your child that do not want to go to school anymore? She's 4 y.o now and went to nursery last year..

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Do you try to talk to your daugther about the reasons she refuses to go to school? If you are unable to find out the reasons please approach her class teachers to understand the actual situation in school. Normally children refuse to go to school due to reasons such as bully cases, teachers' scolding, separation anxiety from parents, major events happen at home e.g. divorce/death, fell down and etc. Once you find out the reason, you can explain to your daugther about the situation and encourage her to take a step from there. My daughter, when she was in N1, refused to go to school and I found out from teacher that the teacher scolded another student who was misbehaved in class. Thus, I explained to my daughter teacher was not scolding her and will not scold students who are behaving well. After that she is not so traumatised by the event and love going to school again.

Read more