Dealing with in law!

How to you all deal with in law whom likes to interfere much? When I have arrange photoshoot for my LO during his 1 year old. But I get such negative comment from my mil saying I waste money and it is not necessary. I told her it is just memories for my LO as I regretted not taking it during new born time. Yet she kept saying not necessary, I already gave up replying to her. I have even speak to my husband to tell her not to interfere what am I doing. Yet again, everything I does she likes to interfere and comment unnecessary things! I cannot stand staying with her

31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s quite normal that pil will disagree with the things that you do. I usually will act blur and leave the argument/disagreement to my hubby to deal with. From looking at the situation, I think she feels jealous that the photoshoot is done without her in the picture. If you argue with her, she will definitely complain about you to my hubby and your hubby will feel very stressed to be sandwiched between the both of you. So leave it to your hubby to handle and explain to her. I’m sure he will have his way of pacifying her ;)

Read more
4y ago

Best is, my hubby have told her many times. Yet still still behaving the same way. Really want to ignore her. But she will give a face saying “I am talking to you”!