How do you deal with a husband who hits your toddler?

How do you deal with a husband who hits your toddler? My LO is just 3yo and my husband wants to discipline my kids using force. We've been arguing about this as I don't want my kids to be traumatized. Something happened just now while I was asleep. I want to file a complaint and have my son checked. He was slapped on the face and the marks are evident. Please advise me on what to do... Thank you.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It seems that ur hub is doing it for a while already. I will look into how often he hit the toddler, how hard and what situation. Issit for discipline or abuse? By filing a report, ur relationship with ur hub will be soured but it might also deter him to physically hit the toddler. Warn him of the consequences and act based on what is the best for your child. U might also want to teach ur toddler to stay away from father and to keep him close to u as u r his protective figure.

Read more

Tell your husband that there are other ways to discipline a child besides using physical force. Moreover, at a toddler age, nothing he does, no matter how naughty, warrants a beating. I suggest you tell your husband that he can get into a lot of trouble if someone reports it to the authorities.