As much as I don't want my toddler to be exposed to gadgets and TV shows I just can't stop my sisters and other family members on doing the contrast . How would you deal with it?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Basically, I'm firm and reinforced that in the recent study/research show that exposing children at a younger age to gadget, and tv shows will only increase risks to their physical, mentally and emotional development and other negative impacts. It's hard to avoid exposing kid to this gadget/tv shows because sometimes my family members were busy with their games, show or house work. So what can I do was to bring my kid away or distract her with other things so that she won't have any interest in whatever things they are doing. Usually it works for mine

Read more

Hi Mummy! You are the parent and you have all the right to give gentle reminders not to frequently introduce gadgets to your toddler. You may ask them to limit to 30mins max if your child gets bored and no toys or books can entertain him.

same situation here. i have to keep reminding them not to let my 1 yr baby exposed to gadgets, explaining the side effects.