Help help help

How do you deal with grandparents who thinks they are right to always want to “hog” on to your child most of the time? Makes me feel like a surrogate haiz

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Oh dear.. My MIL has been hinting me that she wants to look after the baby when I head back to workforce after delivery. I’d rather not.. She demanded that I fetch my baby home only during the weekends. 😬😬 I am an early childhood educator myself & I set a pretty high standard for child minding & care. So I gv her a straight up no for an answer. And with this Covid situation, I will likely limit the number of visitors to our place. Plus kissing is a no-no as well. As a parent, I decide what’s best for my child. 😉

Read more
2y ago

Some ppl just don’t have common sense babe 💁🏽‍♀️

If it’s your parents, you need to speak to them, vice versa for your spouse. I don’t think there’s any wrong in wanting to be with your own child. If I feel someone is hogging my baby, especially when I’m a FTM… I’ll be pretty firm that when I want to spend time with my baby, I shouldn’t feel the guilt to ask you for my baby.

Read more

I don't have solutions but as a fellow first-time mum, I want to let you know that your feelings are valid even though your spouse does not understand and agree. Thankfully due to the covid situation and two-visitors limit, we hardly visit my in-law so I'm spared from the 'hogging'. But I know I'd definitely feel irritated if it happens. :)

Read more
2y ago

Before the 2-visitors limit, FIL tried to make us go over with baby, even after his workplace turned into a big covid cluster. 😒 We had to send a long text explaining why we couldn't risk it. Then came the 2-visitors-a-day rule and we haven't visited since.

VIP Member

is your child the only grandchild? if he is then maybe that's their way of showing love, try talking to you husband who may be in a better position to help?

Better to discuss with your husband on it and decide