Unvaccinated mummies

How do you cope? 😥 I am currently 30 weeks along and unvaccinated. Hubby and I both agreed that I will go unvaccinated till birth but the number of unlinked cases now is very worrying. (and I'm someone who is rather chillax) My gynae isn't pushing for me to get vaccinated too. Hubby and I are home most of the time. We don't head out very much, not even for work. Only reasons to head out is for food, groceries or visiting both our families once a week for dinner. I am now seriously considering to cut off visits to our families as they are all vaccinated, hence the chances of them being asymptomatic is high. As much as my hubby and I exercise extreme precaution, we cannot control our families' daily activities and whom they meet. Is this too extreme? Ps. Please don't advise me to take vaccine as this will not be my plan unless gynae gives the green light. EDIT: Thank you all mummies for responding to my rant. I really feel so much better after knowing that some of you have also stopped visiting families, which means my request is not ridiculous. 🥲 Stay safe you all! ❤

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm not yet second trimester so I'm waiting and hoping to be able to get the green light to take the vaccine in 2 weeks. It is really worrisome seeing the numbers, and I totally get how you feel about visiting the families. If you feel unsafe do take a break from visitng, you are in your last stretch after all! My FIL is a taxi driver who is forever coughing at the table, and they do not have the practice of using common utensils for dinner, even though I had hinted many times it's more hygienic to do so. Other members of the household work outside of home as well so the risk is quite high. I don't know how to bring it up that I am uncomfortable visiting them, especially if I am fine to continue visiting my parents (they are retired and cooks at home; they are also super conscientious about hygiene now that I am pregnant). Unfortunately I may be leaving it up to chance and hoping I will stay safe until I can get fully vaccinated.

Read more