2 year old tantrums

How do you calm your toddler down? My 2-year old son demands to get what he wants, when he wants, all the time. I guess that's the case to most toddlers but I'd say my boy's a bit different. If we say 'no' or if we ask him to wait, he'd throw things, cry aloud or lay down on the floor crying. We had him checked and he's completely healthy (no adhd or anything like that). Sometimes, I just feel so guilty as I also tend to lose my patience.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I know how exasperating this can be, but you know what, as most other moms said, this is absolutely normal :) at this age, your baby will learn more about wants and how to express needs. also, they learn about manipulating, and can choose the perfect places to throw a tantrum. stick to your NO. don't shout or hit at all, but when you say NO make sure you do not give in. start walking away, and gently call your baby to come along. say you will talk when you are home and when he stops crying. keep up the same behaviour and soon he will realize the tactics are not working. this is a phase :)

Read more