Hi mummies, wanna get your advice. My 5.5 month baby has now stopped feeding at night and shifted all feeding to the day and this means that his intake during the day increases significantly from 130ml to 180ml and sometimes 200ml per feed. I used to pump twice during the day to meet his daily demand when I am in office and direct latch when I am at home / at night. now I have to wake up at night two times to do additionally pumping to meet his daily demand. Is there a way that I can increase my pumping output during the day thus I don't need to pump at night? Thank you very much!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Pls don't omit night pumping as it will reduce your milk flow. It's all about demand and supply. Instead of twice a night, you may wish to wake up at leasy onve a night for now. So power pumping in the day time. Doesn't boost up immediately but it will help to stimulate.

Read more

You may wish to power pump in the day to increase your supply. However if you don't pump at night, you will feel engorged. Maybe you can pump just before bed time and wake up at least once instead of twice to pump. You can't just don't pump.

Read more