4 Replies

VIP Member

Puree is make of fruits and veggy. It'll be good to start with puree to find out whether your kids have any allergies to certain food. Some kids are allergy to mango, potato leaves, etc. hence there is window period of 3 days for same food. It's up to you whether you want to follow or not according to both of ur family history. Start giving bit by bit during bf lunch and dinner, to slowly intro to your LO to get used to it. By about 8 months plus minus, can start intro porridge for more filling purposes.

As with everything, you should gradually increase the amount of solids that your baby eats. Start small and work your way up. I don't think it particularly matters what time of day it is, but perhaps earlier on in the day, so that it gives your baby more time to digest the solids before he goes to bed? This site has a bit more information and could be really helpful!: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/infant-and-toddler-health/in-depth/healthy-baby/art-20046200 :)

start from liquid food first. eg puree or teochew porridge without grains. start a few mouths. same item for a few days then progressively increase intake. then slowly can give thicker fluids. usually recommended feed is lunch.

I gave once a day 6-9mo. Then when i went for the 9mo check up at polyclinic, the nurse said that i can start giving him twice a day. He's on porridge.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles