Hi mummies, helping to post this on behalf of my fren, as I dun have advice to give her. On what grounds shd woman conclude that the end of marriage has reached (i.e. Divorce)? If the spouse raised it, saying that this is not the first time he thought about it, does it mean that there is no point to continue holding onto the relationship?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I would first and foremost suggest couple's counselling at a last ditch attempt to save the marriage. http://app.msf.gov.sg/Policies/Marriages/Marriage-Counselling Divorce, like marriage, should be taken seriously and not done in haste. Both parties have to sit down and ask themselves if it is truly over. A few factors might be: - Loss in passion - Lack in communication (refer to attached photo - do they communicate in these 4 ways?) - Mismatch in needs - Adultery - Abuse - Husband/wife not contributing their share to the household be it financially or responsbility-wise)

Read more
Post reply image

Well there are many tell tale signs - Avoiding physical proximity with partner, not trying to dowse the fires, break down of communication, not having meals together, no dates, external factors like another man/woman. Open and honest discussion is needed...you may involve a very close friend, counsellor if both are not ready to open up to each other

Read more

thanks