hi ladies, do you believe in helping the child "like" their new teacher by getting the teacher to "buy a gift" for the child? the gift is bought by the parents but the teacher will do the action of presenting it to the child.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Well! I think if the teacher agrees in doing this, she is not a confident teacher. As parents I can understand our concern and also can relate to the idea that you got, but I don't think as a teacher I would have approved of it. Since, when teacher resort to tactics like this, and that too, not thinking of something like this on her own but parents coming up with this. I mean, if the kid is not fond of the teacher, the teacher should herself think and should have come up with some idea so that the kid would become comfortable with her. The teacher can think of spending more time with the kid in school or giving more attention to the kid, or interacting with the kid more and engaging him in the fun activities. During lunch breaks, she can ask if the kid can share his food with her. I remember being a kid, when teacher used to eat from the kid's tiffin in school, kids used to be on cloud nine. And we used to think that teacher likes us that is why she eats from our tiffin. So, I think these ideas can be put in action to break the ice between the teacher and the kid.

Read more