hi ladies, do you believe in helping the child "like" their new teacher by getting the teacher to "buy a gift" for the child? the gift is bought by the parents but the teacher will do the action of presenting it to the child.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Respect and admiration cannot be bought. This is what I believe in. I just feel that this act may hurt your child in the long run. It will give him/ her the impression that material things is associated with liking someone or perhaps loving someone. You cannot equate one with the other. It's like saying "Come, if you give me a kiss, I will give you this apple". I don't like for strangers to have this kind of relationship with my child. You cannot force your child to like someone with a gift. I think that being a teacher or a child educator is a gift. If you have patience and love for your job and the kids you're caring for, then anyone will like you, whether you are a bearer of a gift or not. Personally, I would say give your kid time. Let him/ her adjust to the teacher. If they have chemistry, then they will have a good and healthy relationship. If your kid still dislikes the teacher after months of being under his/ her care, then something is amiss here and follow your intuition to know what is wrong. Just my two cents :-)

Read more