Hi, my daughter is 3 mths, fully breastfed. Today, I went to polyclinic to check her 3 mths assessment. All are ok except her weight. Given that she is 3 mths, her weight is 5.1kg. The nurse said that she is like 10% percentile some sort like that. The nurse said that might be she is tall. The doctor said that I might have to feed her more. I told her my baby is always at my breast and drink. She will either drink or playing with my breast. So far she is ok. I am just wondered is my breastmilk not enough? Or should I feed her with formula milk? I try to feed her with formula milk and she do not like the bottle teats. I try to relax her to drink also can't. She is used to my breasts and mostly she is direct latch to drink. Any opinion mummies? I am really worried about her weight.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My daughter had been at the lower side for an entire year and then moved on to the average range. My pediatrician was not worried. Reasons -- 1) my daughter was born small and was right on her curve throughout, 2) my mother and I are both small statured, and my baby's weight was okay according to that, 3) my pediatrician said Indian babies are usually not that plump as kids elsewhere in the world, especially those on the curve. The takeaway was to monitor her growth on the curve she started on instead of comparing her on a relative scale.

Read more