Help! Need advice. Baby is 5 months. Fully breasted. Majority by bottle. She sleeps with helper. In the last month, she refuses to latch at night. She was ok to do it last weekend during the day. ( full time working mother) .. I keep putting my breast to her face., and she cries like mad nowadays.. She jus cried until she vomitted jus now.. What should I do? Persist? I m Sooo tired and heartbroken.. It makes it worst that I have to balance time between 2 kids.. ( toddler boy ) .. Pls advice .. Give up or persist?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Going anonymous as I don't want to be shamed for my choice. I actually gave up latching and breastfeeding altogether as my own sanity is so much more important than getting baby to have that slight edge. And frankly speaking breastfeeding is totally overrated. I spent 10-12 hours researching the benefits of breastfeeding from a pure science point of view and its very clear that breastfeeding is important for first 3 months and then it's frankly not that important anymore. The returns you get is so diminished vs the effort put in. I think it's much more important that I get my rest and sleep and stop the struggle to have baby latch on. My little one is 5 1/2 months and I stopped breast feeding altogether about 3-4 days ago. She is now 100% on formula milk - and I feel so much better and i spend that extra time being a much more in focused mother when am spending time with my baby. At the end of the day, I am sure baby wants a happy mum and not a tired, overworked and stressed out mum. Btw I am full time working mum too and baby sleeps with helper as well.

Read more