Help! Need advice. Baby is 5 months. Fully breasted. Majority by bottle. She sleeps with helper. In the last month, she refuses to latch at night. She was ok to do it last weekend during the day. ( full time working mother) .. I keep putting my breast to her face., and she cries like mad nowadays.. She jus cried until she vomitted jus now.. What should I do? Persist? I m Sooo tired and heartbroken.. It makes it worst that I have to balance time between 2 kids.. ( toddler boy ) .. Pls advice .. Give up or persist?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Persists but don't force. I can't latch because of the shape of my nip and I choose to pump fully from the day my milk kicked in. I managed to give y gal full ebm till she's 1yo and frankly speaking, I do see the difference between a formula fed bb and a breast fed bb, in terms of their immunities. My elder boy was breast fed till 5mo but he seems weaker in the initial months. Both went to IFC btw, and my gal fell sick less. So try to breastfeed if you still have the supply, even if feeding is through bottles...

Read more