High Risk FTS results

KKH called yesterday and told me that my baby is high risk for Down Syndrome after my FTS scan/bloodwork - risk factor 1:44. She mentioned something about an absent nasal bone. I'm waiting on my NIPT results but I've been so worried. Does anyone have any advise / experience to share? Thanks mummies!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

FTS accuracy only 90%, wait for your NIPT results. NIPT overwrites FTS with 99% accuracy. KKH will arrange doctor if things don’t look good. You can also do amniocentesis test to confirm (100% accurate) But if your decision is no matter what you will keep, then no need to do these test. If your decision is like mine (I will terminate if baby cannot pass test) then you should prepare yourself for these test

Read more

hi. Any update to your result? did they call u or no call at all? KKH told you 14 days? i did mine on Nov 2. Same High Risk. Absent Nasal Bone and High blood count. 1:161. 😔😔

5mo ago

sorry that I just saw this. they did and my NIPT came back low risk - and they did call me. I did an anomaly scan and the nasal bone is short which is a soft marker. hoping that all goes well. how was yours? my thoughts are with you

mine was the same, high FTS but NIPT came back low risk. baby healthy.

8mo ago

thank you. that gives me hope

Hi ladies sorry may I ask what is FTS? Is it the Oscar test?

8mo ago

yes it is