in ward

Heard that now is compulsory for baby sleep in with Mom straight after labour in ward. so how do we mommies rest after labour??

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Delivered last year Oct at KKH. After delivered, Nurse sent me to the ward. Baby is next to me. I have to breastfeed baby. So stress n can’t rest at all as baby keep crying. The milk havent kick in, baby is next to me. No matter how I’m breastfeed, baby still keep crying. I have to sit in pain and breastfeed the baby : (The end, ask the nurse feed formula then baby just can sleep longer. Felt helpless, stresss n tired. Even the baby cried, the nurse only came when we call.

Read more

Sleep when baby sleeps, we wake up when baby wakes up:) Compulsory or not depends on the hospital that you opted for. If you are in SG, it's partly due to the initiative to support mothers to breastfeed easily: https://www.healthhub.sg/a-z/medical-and-care-facilities/63/baby-friendly-hospital-initiative Treasure these bonding moments... They are beautiful memories:)

Read more

Ystd when I went for my hospital tour at tmc, they didn't mention compulsory but there is this option that they encourage for babies to sleep in with mommy so as to prepare us for when we are back home. But I suppose if we are really tired can just ask them to bring the baby back to nursery ba..

delivered last year, no such experience.. but heard kkh do not encourage baby to be in nursery.. so i guess it really depends on hospital.

Super Mum

Don’t tink it’s compulsory? Just delivered in March. No such requirement.

Super Mum

Is it compulsory? I did not... Just delivered in Jan this year.

heard is batch after April