Mask wearing during labour

Hi any mums here that just delivered? May I know do we still have to wear mask in the labour ward throughout the labour? How about in the ward?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It was a must to wear mask in the labour ward but when its only me and hubby in the labour ward i took it off. Only put it on when the nurses or gynae came in. But when i was pushing somehow i dunno where my mask went and the gynae and nurses didnt say anything. I guess there are moments where exceptions can kick in. Same for in the ward. Because the curtain is always drawn, i didnt wear mask. Wore it only when nurses came in.

Read more
3y ago

Yes, this was the same for me too when I delivered at Mt A

TapFluencer

Nope. During the whole period, I do not need to wear masks till baby delivery. Till at ward bed. Unless ur out from the area - within hospital. Gave birth at SGH. Not sure about others. but yes, u need to take swab test. The nurses/doc will assists on the swab.

I didn’t wear my mask in the labour ward and the normal ward. Only when I was transported to and fro or wherever then need to wear. The gynae, docs and nurses didn’t say anything. I gave birth at KK.

I just delivered last week in KKH. I didn’t wear mask at the labour ward and normal ward (6 bedded). The doctors and nurses didn’t say anything. Hubby was wearing mask throughout thou.

i think mummies who have just delivered may not have time to see this haha, but it seems like some hospitals do make you wear them. if you feel uncomfortable can always voice out!

I didnt wear mask thou.. after they did my ART and PCR which were negative i took off.. but it was two months ago.. so ya.. the rest of the people are wearing thou..

3y ago

hi, may I ask was the ART and PCR test paid by patient or free?

VIP Member

no need if you are in labour pain in the labour room till baby delivery.

No need. Delivered at private hospital 6 weeks ago

csec at mount e with mask