Induced labour at Thomson medical

Having induction labour at Thomson medical now but can't wait in prebooked private ward? Have to lie in makeshift ward separated by curtains with other ppl. Very difficult to rest. Is it the same with other hospitals?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi J, I do believe that it is like that because of COVID measures as it would mean you moving up and down in between inpatient and the delivery suite. However, I know the observation area can be extremely uncomfortable. Is the induction via prostaglandin? If so, you could ask the nurses to see if they can shift you up. It may also be that the nurses are mindful that asking you to shift up to the room means more charges placed on you. Do ask and see if you can shift upstairs. I know it’s really difficult for both of you to sleep and rest. Hang in there :)

Read more

Probably the delivery rooms are full so you have to wait for your turn. I was also induced but as a sub patient in NUH. They put me straight to the delivery suite from the maternity ward as I was warded 3 days prior because of premature rupture of the membrane (waterbag). Hang in there! Your turn is next. For now try to relax and sleep cos contractions will drive you crazy later.

Read more

yes same at gleneagle, delivery ward are hard to rest well. husband need to squeeze in a small chair overnight and no place to put up his leg and can only put his leg on my bed but mine is only sharing of toilet with other delivery ward. After delivered then to the room...feel so cold throughout think cause low temp for the machine there I guess.

Read more

Mine wasnt induced but the labour ward at mt e novena was only single pax.. but to be honest i think its hard to rest also when my contractions came.. all i wanted was to eat (which i wasnt allowed to)..