swollen ankles

Having swollen ankles now at 32 weeks. Is it too soon? How do I get rid of it fast??

67 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, it's quite common at this stage. Try these easy exercises to improve blood circulation, reduce swelling in the ankles, and prevent cramps in the calf muscles. You can do them while sitting or standing/ 1.Bend and stretch your foot up and down 30 times 2.Rotate each foot in a circle 8 times one way and 8 times the other way Take care, and hope this helps!

Read more

No, it's not too soon. Some women get it at 25 weeks itself. Some tips for you: 1. Don't stand or sit in one position for too long 2. keep legs elevated whenever possible 3. go for walks 4. Drink lots of water to flush out excess sodium and other waste 5. Always sleep on your left side for improved blood circulation and functioning of the kidneys

Read more

Also started to have slight swollen ankle and feet at 31 weeks. I realised when I walked quite a bit over the weekend, the swell subsided, as compared to weekdays when i walk less and sit more in office. So I believe walking helps.

sa 1st ko di nangyari sakin, but dito sa second nagstart to nung sobrang pagod ko nagbirthday ang anak ko, 29 weeks until now 31 weeks , sobrang pagod at tayo sabi ni ob , hindi pala porket kumikilos ka di kana mamanasin, sobrang sakit niya lalo sa gabi ramdam ko ,kaya stop nako doing household chores

Read more

I also experienced that...what i did is i soak my feet into hot water with salt...yong makaya lng ang init. it works for me...jst for 2 night nawala na swollen ng feet ko

dont stand for too long,at kung nakaupo ka naman,maglagay ka ng papatungan ng mga paa mo..then sa gabi maglagay ka ng unan na papatungan ng mga paa mo before matulog..then 30mins walk everyday😊

Looks like so early for you... Keep small exercise daily from simple walking even 15minutes. Drink more water... The key here is you must be actively moving

Read more

I had swollen hands and fingers as early as 26 weeks. Now, I'm at my 32wks with swollen feet and much better hands after regular massage and squeezing stress balls everyday.

VIP Member

I elevate my leg when I sleep and it helps a lot...but when working it's bit hard but I try to elevate as much as possible and it really does help with the swelling.

drink water, loads of it. it helps with water retention and good for you & baby. avoid food high in salt & sugar. elevate feet when you sleep or whenever you can.