Does your legs get swollen during pregnancy?

I work in retail and I have to stand 10 hours a day. I'm in my 23rd week now and my ankles are really swollen 😢 Is this common? Any tips to reduce the swelling and any remedies?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m bloated with water retention all over... it is part of the pregnancy symptoms. Honestly, I don’t think anything really help to reduce the swelling.. But if you swell especially at ankle/fave/hand... you might want to check if you have pre-eclampsia. Do consult your gynae. Don’t worry too much about it. A Happy Mama, a healthy baby. Take good care and God bless you and baby.

Read more

Water retention is due to lack of fluids so try to drink more and elevate your legs when you go to sleep. Don't wait until you're thirsty to drink that means you are already hydrated. Important to drink more when you're pregnant. But if the swell is very sudden, do seek your gynae's advice cos it might be preeclampsia.

Read more
VIP Member

Could be due to water retention. Drink plenty of water and take your supplements without fail. Soak your legs in warm salt water (the hotter the better) Also elevate your legs at night.

Elevate your both legs with a high pillow.

Nope

yes