When do u let ur in law know u are pregnant ?

We havent told in law about pregnancy, cos we wish to wait after 3 mths. However, we will have family dinner at Dianxiaoer next week. Can I eat the herbal roasted duck? If I dont eat, they must be suspecting. I think we have to tell them soon. We went to JB today, and my mil wanted to have bak kut teh. My hubby told his mum that doctor said I cannot take herbal due to stomach flu. Hahha I almost laughed.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Better not to take. I ate dianxiaoer danggui duck during 1st tri not knowing that i need to avoid chinese herbs. A few days later i had spotting and was given duphaston to stablize the pregnancy. Not sure if the spotting was due to the duck. Just be on the safe side, avoid it. :)

5y ago

I think should be more of the herbal (danggui) than the duck.. I had duck almost every month during my pregnancy 🤣🤣

Super Mum

Better not to take herbal duck cause the herbs dianxiaoer use is quite strong. Any chance to ask to change location? Otherwise can still use stomach flu reason... just tell them u wanna be careful for a bit longer.

My in laws knew when I was 10 weeks, couldn't hide it during family dinner too (avoid this, avoid that, until they started suspecting) haha

Best is after 3 months haha And just say that you don’t have much of a appetite cuz you’re stress from work 🤷🏻‍♀️

Don’t take the herbal duck and bak kut teh as they contain herbs like dangui, ginseng which can’t be taken.

I will try to avoid because of the danggui and other chinese herbs used, or at least not use the herbal sauce.

Best to avoid or try not to have so much of the herbal duck although hard to resist lol

Can take but only very minimal. Best still try to avoid

Super Mum

The moment i found out I told my mil

Super Mum

After 3 months