Dealing with in laws

Have any one of you find it so irritated when you wish and want to spend time with you LO by bringing them out tgt to meet friends and have a meal but always feel like you have to seek your in laws permission and they will keep asking you where u go and what time come back? How would you all deal like this? I have enough of them and currently I am staying with them too!!!!! #needtorant

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ya mine was worst! I had to go down to ICA with the baby to do changes for the birth cert and my in law stopped me ??? Roll eyes

5y ago

What do birth cert also will stop? Super annoying!!

TapFluencer

If you are staying with them, by due respect **inform them you are going out** there's no need to seek their permission

VIP Member

I don't think you need to report to them really. True you need to be polite, show respect and but it's your child.

5y ago

I think so too, whenever I want to bring my LO out they will have something to say. Which is intolerable

VIP Member

I m stayin with in laws too. Wanna bring LO out, but saying LO still small ): btw, LO alr 4mth old 🤣

5y ago

Hahaha! Looks like every old people are like this

Why would your in laws stop you... is your child after all. Unless they could give you a valid reason?

5y ago

No reason. Cause I will only be able to spend time with him over the weekends. Most of the weekdays I am working. They have this funny thinking “ don’t always go out to meet friend la, tell them you are not free” I was like 😑 please is my freedom. My dad don’t control me tilled this way

Just inform them, don’t need to seek permission. You’re an adult and its your baby!

Hi, I would suggest talk to your husband about this as your space is also very important

5y ago

Tried but my husband super not supportive. I feel stress out all the time

TapFluencer

It's normal. I just reply don't know a few time later they don't ask anymore.

Just be firm and bring out This is your kid not theirs

5y ago

Yes!!!😔

VIP Member

Probably you could get your hubby to talk to them

5y ago

Hubby not very supportive, so abut difficult