Miscarriage

Has everyone experience a miscarriage and what is your experience? I just lost my baby today ...

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m sorry for your loss. I lost my first baby at around 8-10weeks. I was 35 yo then. I conceived again about 10months later and my second baby is due in May this year. I’m 37yo this year. It was emotionally difficult to learn to say goodbye. Everyone has his/her own ways. I was crying the first few days a lot not wanting to meet anyone including my mum. When I felt better, I went to see a tcm 2-3weeks later.. I think I only finally accepted the loss last year when someone prayed for me and taught me to say goodbye to my first baby. I grew a pot of plant in remembrance of my first baby too. I bought the plant the day I lost my baby and “bury” it inside the pot. I still growing the plant now. That was my way. I hope you find a way to mourn your loss too. Take care

Read more
2y ago

It's so warm that when I read such comfort messages from all of you. It's really motivating me & be positive again. Thank you.

so sorry to hear about ur loss. I had mine at 7 weeks previously. Emotionally it was hard for both me and my husband as it was our first child to be. my husband was very supportive and considerate of my emotions during those few months after. What got me through was the mindset of likely baby not healthy thus the loss and it also helps a lot to have the support of my husband and family during that period as hormones will go a bit crazy as well.. eg I looked even more pregnant after the miscarriage and had difficulty loosing weight. Fast forward 6 months later, I got pregnant again and am about to give birth anytime soon this month. so don't lose hope!

Read more
2y ago

my mom brought me to see a tcm after

Don't give up ok. My SIl had 3 miscarriages one after another in a year. She never gave u and now a happy mum of 2 babies. some.of us have to go through a bit of hardships before finally having our baby but it's all worth it. I'm 39 this year and having my 2nd baby after 12yrs, so don't worry abt age. Nowadays it's common to have babies after 35 as people are gets married later in life and with all the medical advances, its no longer a worry. Stay strong and try again.

Read more
2y ago

Thanks for the beautiful words, it indeed gave me some level of comfort..I wish you have a smooth pregnancy & a healthy baby!

Sorry for your lost. I too lost my 1st baby around 8 weeks, had to go through the operation, it was heartbreaking, but with support from husband and family, I manage to pull through and we conceive our 2nd baby within the next month and I’m due next week. It is important to acknowledge the lost and process the feelings at your own pace. Stay strong.

Read more
2y ago

I did a mini confinement (mum cooking) for a week, grieve for 2 weeks or so before putting my focus on other things like work and appreciation for those that supported me. Ultimately I feel it’s the mental health that’s very important at this point.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I also just lost my baby a few days ago. Emotionally it has been difficult especially when I don’t get much comfort/support from my husband. I guess men will never truly understand the pain that we go through, even if it is a first tri loss. Sending you hugs. Take your time to grief. 🤍

Read more
2y ago

I agree that men wont truly understand the pain, did you lost your baby at early stage too? 🤗

Thanks all for the reply.. It was my first child and I lost it at only week 4,6 days...doc said ntg can be done when i having heavy bleeding yesterday (i'm still bleeding now). I wonder if i'm able to conceive again as i'm ady 35 years old++,heard it has a higher risk of miscarriage :(

2y ago

Thank you for your kind words too! I think the last part of my comment got cut off, but I just wanna encourage you to keep a positive mind and a light heart in this journey of embarking on motherhood. Yes, do take time to grieve over your loss as the first one is usually the most memorable. But do keep in mind that such chemical pregnancy simply means: if you were pregnant once, you will be pregnant again! And when you do, just tell yourself that it's the same baby who made a U-turn to return to you. (that's what I believe myself as well!) Babies do "get a little lost" sometimes when finding their way to their mothers, so take heart and believe!❤

Hi Shin, sorry to hear your loss. Be positive and you are not alone. I’m on the same boat as you. My doc shared that there are people pregnant at 40 over, your age should not bother you. Let’s keep fit and healthy, we will get pregnant again.

2y ago

Thank you, our baby will come back & we definately will get pregnant again!

I had a miscarriage last yr july. And having trouble conceiving again on going treatment now. It may take awhile to move on. Cheer up!

2y ago

I had an irregular period, just going for some check up here and there to see what's the problem I'm not conceiving again.