HDB Rental : hdb rental flat waiting time

Has anyone rented a flat with HDB while waiting for their BTO? Could you share your thoughts/ experience on the rental flat? My husband and I are thinking of renting with HDB while waiting for the completion of our BTO in 2-3 years time as we have a baby and we need privacy and space for our little family. Currently residing with in-laws.

HDB Rental : hdb rental flat waiting time
6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Me. Our q no. was pretttty far like say available units are 34 but our q.no was like i think 26 if I'm not wrong. So for some reason, we were no. 3 or 4 for our selection unit appt in the morning but some ppl did not attend, so we were like first in q. Soooo relieved and lucky but nervous too cz this is the last dae of selection. Cz i think the 30plus available units were split into 3 days for appts. So yeah. Not much units left to choose but still got hope. D available flats are limited and very ulu and unheardof cz i stayed in north and then got places like Dakota? What cresent all that. Haha. Sooo far lah. But luckyyy we got Boon Lay. The flats are all old flats so take note: 1. Choose high floors cz the flats hv rubbish chute near homes at grd level 😦. Not cool. 2. Choose lvls that hv lift landing cz i got the top floor, 11th floor but the lifts are at 1st, 5th and 9th. Wah. We hvta pay extra for hsemovers cz they needa climb stairs omg and also, cz we hv a baby, we hvta carry stroller up and down the stairs. Haiz. But yeah you'll get use to it. I still rant btw haha. Cz im small built. And when my grandma comes over, pity her she gotta climb up slowly. Bestof luck! # hdb rental flat waiting time

Read more