Baby’s wellbeing

Has anyone has similar experience? My baby is close to 2 mths old and currently refused to sleep in her cot. She needs to be carried/rock to sleep. When we tried to put her back to cot, she will wake up around 5-10 mins later,the max half an hr. We had no choice but to let her sleep in those infant lounger). She has been fighting sleep so strongly despite being so tired. We also tried to keep her awake during feeding but she will end up falling asleep in our arms. When we removed the bottle after she finished her feed, she will start to scream. We’re thinking that she still wants to suck? Maybe coz comfort sucking? Nowadays notice that she likes to keep sticking her tongue out like it’s nv enough. Is this a normal phase at this stage? Really don’t want to go thru the CIO method because couldn’t bear to see her scream till that extent!! Is this a stage that eventually will pass?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Its a phase. For me if LO sleep longer on my arms. I would let her sleep rather then LO being overtired and more fussy after. I use carrier sometimes. It is very tiring but hang in there. I lie LO down on my chest after feeds as LO will cry murder when we burp her, which also helps to reduce air LO stomach. also let her sleep on my chest like a koala bear if that helps her sleep more. Once she is in deep sleep ill transfer her. But if she sleeps better on me, id let her sleep and stay awake. Tried giving pacifier? Or you can increase the milk a little bit more and see from there.

Read more
5mo ago

I understand your fear of bringing her out cuz its hard since they dont take pacifier. I did bring my LO out since after confinement. But on 2nd month i go out with carrier mostly cuz its a phase of waking up when put down too. My LO loves being outside. Will only wake up for milk and when i walk with her in carrier she will fall aslp. But if i stop will fuss about because she prolly was dozing off and wants me to carry on walking. But i will awaes ensure that she was fed milk before leaving so that she will fall aslp while im on my way. I use to fear bus rides cuz of LO wakes up and cry. But if i cnt coax my LO, i will just drop off the bus and tke the next bus or walk. Same goes for mrt., ill drop and calm her before boarding next train. There was once we went out to dine in at hotel and LO cry murderous and not even i cn coax her. I guess she was overwhelm with that place. It was prolly her development leap period cuz she was extra cranky. Do watch out for growth spurt and developm

Yups my baby is 2 months old and gg thru this. He hates being put down, and would wake up within a few mins even when he’s in deep sleep while carrying him. Usually if at home, when i see him show that he’s sleepy, i would just swaddle him, on white noise and use pacifier, or feed (if its feeding time). Then when i lay him inside cot i would quickly take his bean sprout bag and lay on his tummy. Can try different types of pacifiers also. My baby hated the highly raved phillips avent one and he loves nuk.

Read more

Rmb to transfer her to Cot as soon as she falls asleep. Definitely not recommended to co-sleep now on bed together . And pls don’t worry all new discovery are confusing n doesn’t make sense to us sometimes but these are part of their milestones checks and growth. Even though some may be tough on us, know that all things shall pass& that nothing is permanent. I suggest to embrace all stages because really really before you know it, they have outgrew it.

Read more
5mo ago

Thank you so much for the encouragement! How many months old did u start to bring out ur LO for quick errand or quick shop?

I think it's a phase that will pass, hang in there! my baby had the same issues, but miraculously improved all of a sudden after starting infant care at 3+ months. I believe the teachers were able to engage her sufficiently in the day and set a good routine. she started sleeping by 930 and through the night waking at around 7+am. the teachers commented she was behaving pretty well in school.

Read more
5mo ago

to add on, she still needed to be carried to sleep most of the time. occasionally she is actually ready to go to her cot straight and would squirm+scream when i try to put her in carrier!

My baby sleeps in a lounger since birth. She’s 8 months old now. I rmb there was a time where she would wake up easily and had bad colic conditions. We got her a yaolan (baby hammock) and that changes everything. Not saying that it’s always easy to get her to sleep but at least it’s an arms saver. We give her the pacifier too.

Read more

My 15-month-old baby refuses to sit in a high chair while eating. Instead, he prefers to walk and eat, rather than staying in one place. He was better behaved before he started walking. This behavior is worrying, and the same applies to potty training; he has unlearned both methods

what's a CIO method? yes this is a phase. just need to be patient and keep trying to train her to sleep in her cot. as for feeding, don't overfeed her. perhaps try not to carry her too much, it's hard to do but if she is really tired, let her cried to sleep in her cot.

Read more
5mo ago

Thank you for the encouragement 🥹I have the same situation too, being stuck to the sofa as the lounger is at the living room. And she doesn’t like to be swaddled. How is the temp in ur air con room?