Has anyone gone through induced labour before? Please share your experience. What's the worst that can possibly happen?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My labors were not induced but I have quite a number of friends who went through induction labor. Some of them was due to overdue, large baby size, pregnancy complications eg. preclampsia, and etc. Most of them successfully gave birth through natural birth after induction. However, a few of them need to go through emergency c-section as cervix is unable to dilate after long hours or baby is in distress (e.g. heartbeat dropping, swallow meconium). My friends commented that induction labor is very painful as compared to normal delivery. There are two types of induction labor, through IV drip or insert pills into cervix to soften it. The most common complication arises from an induction labor is ending up with an emergency c-section as your body is not ready to give birth yet. There are other risks and complication from induced labor, you can read more from here http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/labor-induction/basics/risks/PRC-20019032

Read more
4y ago

this is true i went to induction only end up on c sec.. i was inserted pills into the cervix.. it was really a painful experienced.

I give birth recently with induced labour for normal delivery, the pain was unbearable, but later after given epidural I was fine.

VIP Member

I have 4 boys and all of them were induced labour. All 4 normal deliveries and I was fine.

4y ago

How many weeks were u then

10 dayss from giving birth by induce labor I cannot explain the pain

thanks

Mine was both normal