Rashes?

Has anyone encountered this before? Currently at 19 weeks pregnant. Had rashes since week 15 / 16. But it seems to have worsened into sth that's really red with some stinging pain.. Dunno what to do..

Rashes?
17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

First please consult your doctor about it! I have eczema and it worsened during pregnancy. At first, i didnt dare to apply any steroid cream and only treated it with cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser. However, it got really bad and the spread was huge! It was affecting my sleep quality due to the itch… when i finally reached out to my doctor, he prescribed me a steroid cream (of course it’s low potency) and instructed to use it really sparingly and to stop once the rash goes away. My skin has gotten much better after few days of usage, im now so glad that i eventually consulted my doctor and trusted my doctor’s advice… as im getting much better sleep now, which is really important for baby’s development :) remember to not rely on the steroid cream too much if your doctor prescribes you with one! Stop once it improves and just moisturise your skin really well. Good luck!

Read more

I had rashes in the form of tiny red bumps on my belly and boobs at the onset of 2nd trimester. Now coming to 20 weeks. KKH gynae gave me calamine lotion on my last visit (last month) which helps alot. I am almost relieved from my rashes now. Doctor explained that it's due to pregnancy hormones. I shower 2 - 3 times a day as the weather is quite humid especially during the days when I headed out. Hang in there!

Read more

I’ve experienced similar rashes on my arms and neck since first trimester. It got better after I changed up my shower gel and moisturizer - I’ve been using Aveeno Dermexa range and recently switched to the skin relief range. I’ve read that oatmeal baths are helpful so that’s where Aveeno could help :)

Read more

Like all other replies, please go consult a doctor for proper solutions on how to tackle it. My eczema has also worsen due to pregnancy and doctor prescribed lower percentage of steroid creams & also antihistamine. Most importantly is not to scratch. Hope you feel better soon 😊👍🏻

I have it too. All over my body for one month now. Thank goodness no underlying issues. Have to bear with it and just keep applying the cream doctor give. I usually wake up due to the itch. It helps when I rinse it under water for a while. Then reapply lotion and go back to sleep

i had something similar but started from week 12. i rmb it was during the days when it was very hot. my gynae told me its heat rash. so i took frequent cold showers, moisturize ALOT. and whenever i itch, i will apply icepack at the area to cool down

I have this at the moment, I went to dermatologist she prescribed me a medicine and lotion and cream but the price was too expensive. Also my ob didn't let me buy the meds kasi oral kung hindi naman daw makati pahiram na lang ng lotion.

i use snake brand powder too. itchy and sensitive skins are normal during pregnancy but if it gets worse best to consult dermalogist.

I had this too... you may want to see doctor for the itchy pain, other than that the redness may not go away until you give birth.

I had this during my first trimester. Applied all kinds of skin product but none of them works till i reach 19 weeks it stops.

Post reply image